Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Fad Guns

When I asked about what Televisor and Cinema programs cause a run on a gun model since 1990, Tam brought up that Enemy at the Gates caused greater interest in Mosins.  Stores didn't sell out because there are 487,000,000,000 rifles of that flavor on the surplus market.

The Walking Dead has bumped up the price on Colt Pythons, but those were dear to start.

And I DID buy a Garand when, coincidentally, Band of Brothers was release on DVD...

But again, no factory had to ramp up production to meet demand. 

I am thinking Ryan Gosling stars in a movie where he does really cool stuff with a Kel Tec SUB 2000, and the Kel Tec has trouble getting new guns in that model to the stores.

Yeah, T-Bolt, but how could you tell?  Kel Tec has never been able to get guns to the gun stores.

Hush, you!

And do think a performer like Gosling would really be able to 'Eastwood-up' the place?

Why must you poo on my party?

3 comments:

Comrade Misfit said...

"Since 1990"... eliminates the postwar revival of the SAA (thanks to westerns) or the .44 Magnum or the Bren Ten. I wonder how many Berettas the "Lethal Weapon" franchise effectively sold.

LCB said...

I've been wanting a Garand since I first saw the movie Battleground! on TV in the 70's...oh, and reruns of Combat always made me want a Thompson. Yeah...don't know why I still haven't gotten around to it...

But movies in the last 20-30 years...not really much influence. Maybe its the movies you see when you're "young" that count.

Anonymous said...

There is a live-action version of "Ghost in the Shell" in the works. If it stays true to form, Togusa will be shooting a Mateba 6 Unica Autorevolver. (A semi-automatic 357 magnum, that they continually called a 9mm, it being Japan of the future and all). They already are crazy expensive.

The rest of the cast uses Glocks mostly, and I imagine they will in the live-action as well.