Saturday, October 21, 2017

Belts!

A good belt is a very good idea if you carry a holstered pistol.  If you go with leather you probably want a belt with a double thickness.

But double thickness means edge stitching, and if that stitching is proud of the surface of the leather, you get this:



And that happens no matter how tough the stitching.  Maybe I a less abrasive office chair.

It's a good carry belt, from Duluth Trading Company.  Or it is while it's fresh.  Those failures are right at 4 and 7 o'clock, too.

Gonna upgrade from an $50 belt to an $80 belt.  I had a Galco years ago.  I don't remember what made it fail... 

2 comments:

Ritchie said...

I've been using a Don Hume, from Midway USA. After several years, the only soft spot is near the buckle, and that's relative. I guess it's been several and then some.

Old NFO said...

I'm still using a 7 year old Galco CC2. Good belts!