Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Bog Roll

Ok, tell me if you have a similar experience.

I wasn't caught that short when the Terlet Paper was out.  When paper disappeared I had two dozen rolls squirreled away.  Plus I was going to the office every workday and tried to, uh, do my bidness during business ours.

Two dozen was plenty as long as the shit tickets come back.  And come back they did.  Multiple varieties for the discerning wiper in various sizes.

Now I've bought more.  I don't go nuts, but two dozen is no longer my floor.  Just in case.  Might be 5 dozen all told, now, and it is growing.  And.  I now buy a 4 pack or a 2 pack of paper towels EVERY time I go to the grocery store.  No I don't need 4 more rolls.  But I am getting 4 more rolls.  If this thing happens again I am going to feel a bit more secure about the whole thing.  When does it become a nuisance?  At 10 dozen?  We shall see, I guess.

Is this you, too?

6 comments:

Ygolonac said...

Ended up getting a 12-pack of my preferred Tax Code On A Roll just at the middle of February, with about five rolls still left from the previous one, as I was recovering from surgery and thus would be house-bound and not wanting to gimp about stores with gaping incisions in my foot.

I live alone, with my brother visiting every weekend, mostly. And apparently, I either have some fairly conservative digestion, or am efficient in applying the Tax Code, because I just loaded the last roll of the February buy this morning.

And since they'd finally restocked the nice 3-ply that I like, I'd bought another 12-pack weekend before last.

I see people buying 24-packs every couple of weeks, and kinda wonder if their bathroom looks like that toilet stall in the movie Desperado...

riverrider said...

had sufficient supply for the wife and i for several years but family members were caught with their pants down even tho we told them time n again to keep it on hand. usual excuses. had to hand over some of my priceless paper. my .mil experience of seeing a roll go for a hundred dollar bill, and using the mre ration paper was enough to instill the stockpile syndrome in me. so i'm i'm adding to the pile. use a roll, by a pack, stack it high. same with ammo and foodstuffs. this is just the beginning folks. the first bump that makes you go "what was that" ,right before the left engine light comes on. its all down hill from here boys n girls, buckle up, she's going down.

The Neon Madman said...

We have had a warning with all of the shortages a few months ago. Over the next 6 months or so, as various supplies loosen up in availability, stock up. This will happen again.

Ammo/components too, obviously.

Nathan said...

This is the prepper way. Buy a little extra of everything and have a good rotation system. Then, in times of shortage you can operate normally. Maybe even help others.

Heck, that's not even the prepper way, it's the way everyone used to be. Somewhere in the 80's or 90's Americans began to think shortages were a thing of the past. Probably happened when the USSR collapsed. End of history and all that rot.

ASM826 said...

Riverrider has the truth of it.

sailboatfool said...

Check width of the roll, surprise!