Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Other Buddies

Corky and Chuckles are STILL undecided on what .45 to get, but they are going to a range in Timonium Maryland to try a SIG 2xx (sumthin sumthin) and the Springfield XD side by side. I will send them the 1911 Buyer's Primer, just in case, but I think they've made up their minds on the 2 composite choices. Which is good. Whatever they shoot best, like best, and in that caliber is perfect. But I will, AFTER they purchase the ideal pistol for them, tease them forever for not getting a 1911. They like the torture tests results they've been reading


For me, I like a gun choice that has been torture tested in the real world for at LEAST 80 years. As Kim Du Toit pointed out... it's killed more Tojos, Nazis, and Pinkos than any other pistol in the US inventory (the Luger or some OTHER German pistol might have more Pinkos under its belt, but I'm just not getting a Nazi gun.) Heck, I have a Garand, so I HAVE the rifle that qualifies for this criteris.

This will be my Buy A Gun Day gun, even though it is 2 months early. Next week. A trip to the gun store after this weekend's Fun Show in Chantilly Virginia get's a crack on some other monies I squirrelled away. Then I'll post a good picture (of MINE) rather than one I stumbles on on the intarwebz. Hopefully it will look like this when I get mine:


And then we will be 3 work buddies with brand new personal .45s and an inexpensive range 2 miles from work for lunchtime practice. What could be better?

Oh, right... free ammo. Well you can't have everything.


3 comments:

The Customer said...

One important thing you missed is the ability of the 57 to penetrate Kevlar helmets and class 3 body armor. You know damn well that when the zombie hoards come that SWAT and the national guard will be deployed and you know they will be shooting center mass and will get bit. Now you have armored shamblers coming at you. Not saying it is the perfect weapon against the monstrosities but is nice to have in the bag-o-tricks.

This round behaves much like a .223 round as it tumbles after about 1-2 inches of penetration and does not fragment. Also, you can get a box of 50 for a little under $20. But rest assured my technophobe friend, we shall never see it in the peoples republic of Maryland.

Just because something looks different or funny does not make it any less effective (take you and I for example).

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Corky! Wrong TOPIC!

One ABOVE this one. Sheesh.

But you bring up a good point about bitten SWAT guys shambling about as walking dead. That WOULD be bad. But I don't trust the claims of FN that this round is as good at armor piercing as they claim. And, us poor civilians aren't allowed the "special" law enforcement rounds. We'd have to raid a Secret Service Armory after the necropalypse to get quantities of GOOD ammo.

The Customer said...

Doh. Bad Corky, Bad!