Tuesday, March 4, 2008

One Bothersome Detail

One detail I have noticed the day after the range, AND the day after that. The beavertail grip safety has a little bump on it. The web of my hand is tingly there, and much more shooting and I bet that bump would actually get around to annoyingly painful.

Swapping out the beavertail is no easy matter. It is generally not a drop-in operation that the use should do, I am told. Great. Now I have to go to a pistolsmith.

The ostensible reason for the bump, apparently, is for more positive grip safety depression. For those that don't grip the safety properly firm enough, the bump helps. You know. Limp wristers. Which means a whole different thing among shooter than around the general population.


So my new 1911 is STILL in kit form until I correct this.




Versus



No comments: