Friday, March 7, 2008

Reader Mail

PolyKahr asks:

"New Jovian Thunderbolt,Is there a way to shorten the name-like Jove, or Thunder? "

Can you put that up on Still-Store Cambot? Thanks

Answer: Yes, Polly. Some, on various forums and such, have called me T-Bolt or just Bolt. I answer to those readily. I also answer to "Hey, YOU!" and "Who let THAT ugly guy in here."

PolyKahr is also looking at getting a 1911. I recommend Anarchangel's primer on it, if still vacilating on what to get. If you already know, then more power to you, as some folks research their choice WAY too much. Like me. I put too much thought into a what should be a relatively simple $500-$1500 purchase. Anarchangel still a good read, unless you are at a Tam level of expert knowledge or so.

3 comments:

Tam said...

Chris's post had a lot of good info in it.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

See? Even Tam gives the primer a thumbs up! Read it, all youse.

Anonymous said...

T-Bolt,

Thanks for the link, and I will-read it that is.

My concern with the name is that, as the name gets longer, I have a greater tendency to make errors, which can be insulting to the one so named in error. Unlike you younger folks, some of us older types have never learned to type-didn't need it after all.

Regards,

PolyKahr (Wade Jensen, Raleigh, NC)