Tuesday, April 15, 2008

BAG Day

BAG Day stands for Buy A Gun Day. Everybody buys a gun on BAG day. It's the 15th of April so you can remember the government your tax dollars support, and maybe have a refund to help fund it, or at least know what your budget is if you have to cut a check this time of year. And despite my swearing up and down I was through with Marlin...
I bought a Marlin. ~sigh~



Isn't that pretty? Decent walnut figure. I'm a sucker for walnut.



It's the 1894c I said I was gonna put on hold because I was disappointed with Marlin's latest offerings, quality wise. This is a well cared for used one. It was either this or 3 times the money for the M1A on the top of my list. So this does better things to my wallet, and the M1A can wait till January 2009.

I don't have it yet, as it has to be shipped to my FFL dealer first, but it's on the way. I have a tracking number and everything.
Here's a plus, it was made before 1984, so there is better manufacturing quality, and more importantly, the loathed crossbolt safety is absent. And that was my preference already.
Corky got his Mosquito .22 for HIS BAG day:


Chuckles got a Browning Buckmark for his. But no scope on it like this one:


Frozen got a couple. An SKS, and an M44 Mosin. Here's the Mosin. Inexpensive Russian bolt action firing 7.62x54. He's happy.







MBtGe got a VERY expensive shotgun. Merkel over and under. He wanted a 'pretty' gun. Pretty pricy at $8 grand! He had to sneak it into the house because he used a pile of money no one knows about. Don't tell his missus...








All these BAG guns are from my influence, sparking interest in Frozen, Chuckles, and Corky. MBtGE got ME interested in shooting, but got HIM interested in pretty guns. I still can't believe he went that route, but, I'm not gonna criticise him, certainly. His wife may well kill me as well as him when she learns, sadly, so if I stop posting suddenly for a few months it means I got dead. At her hands. So Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Don't snitch on him.

1 comment:

Jay G said...

I'll be posting a picture of my BAG Day acquisition soon...