Friday, April 4, 2008

M1A Decision

I've decided. When I get the M1A it is going to be my long range rifle, and I won't be getting a short carbine version with short range optics.

And I'll probably hold off on any bolt action left handed .30 caliber rifle for a while. I'll use the Garand for hunting with its low power scope, and I'll play with the M1A for any long range 300-yard-plus target shooting. I think I can do worse to limit myself to those 2 rifles.

Why? The rifles I will have from my primary and secondary list will fill most rolls without too much overlap. I don't need all that many more when I haven't beaten all the fun I can out of the guns I have/will-have.




And I am sure I won't be in a hurry to get a nice aftermarket stock, like the above. Just getting a decent scope rail mount on the bare bones generic stock that comes with the bare bones M1A adds $300 to the cost. The stock above with iron sight is well over $1000. Extra. On top of an expensive rifle.

So what do I do if I need to roll out of moving vehicles ready to start shooting zombies and Jacobins and NEED a short range major caliber carbine? I guess I'll just have to make do with a long rifle now won't I? I'll put red dot optics on a Camp Carbine if I ever find one.

That reminds me. Yeah. The 1894 named Gummint Cheez just might not happen with the Tax Rebate Stimulus check. I'm demoting it to Second Tier status. Oh, I'll get it. The poor factory quality means I am holding off for a good one. Maybe used.

No comments: