Saturday, October 28, 2017

Man those Canadians are racist

A machinist Facebook group posted this picture.



Obviously it captures war work in the 40s.  And it didn't say 'nice asian gentlemen'.  It said Jap.  Which was actually one of the politer slurs used for ours and Canada's enemies in Dub Dub TOO.

I changed it to that you see abover because FB's algorithm removes the image because Zuckerburg finds parts of history too uncomfortable to be remembered.  "Attachment unavailable"

Sorry.  History is uncomfortable in lots of ways from lots of angles.  Mayhaps we shouldn't follow whatever current fad makes it extra odious enough to flush down the Memory Hole.

No more taboo words.  I draw the line at, um...  1996?  We'll go with that.  Yeah.  '96.  They arbitrarily choose what to make taboo, I arbitrarily pick a time to draw my line in the sand.  There.

2 comments:

Tam said...

Is "Ami" offensive? If not, why not?

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

I dunno. I'll ask some of my buddies when we meet for breakfast tomorrow at Caucasian Barrel, family restaurant.