Friday, October 27, 2017

Nuffin again

How bout security info.

Have you put a credit freeze on yourself with all three credit bureaus?  Getting embroiled in ID theft sucks.  This is a good way to combat it, but you hear more about those Credit-Watch type companies in advertisements because they want you as a customer.  A credit freeze, you don't hear about that because it doesn't profit anyone else.  Cheap and easy.  Or free and easy, depending where you live. 

I did.  But I figure I have an easy time with that.  I'm not looking to refi or get another credit card of a car loan any time in the foreseeable future.  I might hesitate if I contemplated something like that.

I have been smart and fortunate.  I never stopped diverting money to cover the automatic monthly payment feature at the credit union I used to get my last loan.  So that account has accumulated liquid savings over the past 10 years.  It has become my Emergency Fund.  And also my "the next car you get don't bother with a loan just pay it off in full when you get it." 

Smart?  Well, that and lazy.

Fortunate?  Yes, I have a decent paying job that allows me to do this and no serious expenses have cropped up.  I've been very lucky that way. 

No comments: