Saturday, September 8, 2018

Range, 4 September

First, I warmed up with two 10 round magazines full of Hudson H9.  And I had the flinchies from the start.  Not gonna be my day.  Shoulda packed up and walked around the block.  AE 115 gr.  240 rounds since bought.  123 since last malfunction.

It made a line from the center straight down and then veered right.  The second mag was a bit better, but not much.



Now I was here to do revolver work.  Many reasons. 
  • My revolver shooting has improved as regular pistol work has improved, despite being a totally different pull.  I want to reinforce that
  • I don't practice with a revolver enough.  And since I carry with one a lot, maybe that's not a good idea.
  • I don't thus practice reloading with a speed strip either, and all the reloading was done with one to make it more...  handy?  Usual?  Familiar?  Better.
  • I rarely shoot out at 25 yards with a revolver.  That's a recent thing with a semi-auto for me, and I want to see if I can be as successful with a revolver's double action as I am with a semi trigger.

Not shabby.  Quality dropped off over time (not pictured).  I realized I was shooting with +P ammo.  Which is fine, but since I came there with some flinchies, +P didn't help settle me down.  Now regular .38 out of a 6 inch L-frame?  THAT feels gentle.  Next session will be more J-Frame. 

No comments: