Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Why did I get a Hudson?

Ugh, it might have been a mistake for this to be my first 9mm.  Well, second. 

Don't get me wrong.  I really like it.  It looks snazzy, it shoots just fine, and it's fun.  And I don't need to shop for a better trigger for it.  I'm not looking to unload it.

But I have lots of guns and it takes up a spot.  A S&W M&P has a lot more holster offerings and other after market support.  Coulda got 2 for the price of a Hudson.  Now I still need a couple M&Ps and also have a Hudson.  Plus I kinda want to play with an RIA .22 TCM, which is ALSO a 9mm.  And I have the 1911 9mm.

How did I go from zero 9mm to potentially 6? Pump the brakes!

Like I said, the gun safe is a fixed space.  And I sold off all my .40s.  At least I managed to sell off guns.

Sometime I wish the only firearms I owned were three decent .45 1911s, and that's it.

This feeling will pass. 

2 comments:

riverrider said...

I have the same issue. born n bred 1911 guy, until a deal too good to pass up came by on an m9. thought I'd turn it around for a few bucks. next thing I know I have more 9mm's than 45's. I try to think which one to sell: m9? browning high power? kahr? glock 17? glock 19? it goes on until I give up on that idea. now I even have rifles in 9mm! egad!

Mike V said...

Once upon a time, because of Jeff Cooper’s involvement, I almost bought a Bren 10 in .45. By the time I had the money horror stories were circulating about guns shipped with no magazines. Glad I didn’t get one. Decided then to wait when something new came out to see if it really worked.