Tuesday, July 23, 2019

July 21 Range

Five cylinders worth.

What was I thinking getting Magtech?  Remind me to lay off that brand.  It's fine, I guess.  A bit smokey. 

Ok, I've color coded.










































All at 25 feet.

First cylinder, no dry fire, is Red.  Not bad.  THEN some dry fire.

I compensated for second cylinder too much:  Yellow.  A bit high. 

Green is next.  I notice I am hitting to the left.  But less high.  All three rounds were very fast shooting.  I need to not do that.  2.  Then wait.  2 more.  WAIT.  Final.  Don't train myself to fire to click click click click.

I compensated EVEN MORE for the leaning to the left and miss twice with Pink.  Boo.  Don't do that. 

So, I relax, and try to remember on a J-Frame that that front sight has to be nestled well in that trench and you still have to do the job with the finger.  There you go.  Blue. 

New camera, too. 

1 comment:

Comrade Misfit said...

I've found Magtech .38 to be akin to somewhat iffy handloads. Once the Great Ammo Shortage ended, I stopped using it.