Thursday, December 12, 2019

Easy Peazy

S&W have upped their M&P Shield EZ to offer a 9mm to go with the .380.

Intrigued, I am.  I've heard good things about the .380 version, and I'd get it to have something to introduce new shooters with, especially if they are older new shooters. 

I mean, I like the idea of the single stack Shield already.  I'm not in love with the concept, but it also doesn't drive me away. 

Plus, you never know when my own age will catch up to me.  Having this already in hand would be a help, in Maryland.  Neurological issues or arthritis could rear its ugly head.   

Huh, it's not a striker fired gun, apparently.  Internal hammer. 

The review make is sound a little snappy in the recoil department.

1 comment:

Ken and Deb said...

That "old age will catch up to me" has hit here with a bang (so to speak!). Getting old makes you change in ways I never thought I would. I carried a Glock 23 for years. Got to where I could not make hits with it. So I bought a Glock 19. Worked a treat... for a while. Now I noticed problems making hits and hand pain after shooting again. I bought a Ruger LC9. It made things worse. Finally I did what I consider unthinkable. I tried a Bersa Thunder 380. The weight and the better grip made hits and no after shooting pain. I never had any respect for the 380, but if you can make accurate hits I guess it will do the job. My Bersa works if kept clean, so cleaning after all shooting. If the Bersa starts giving trouble the only option is down to a .22. I wish Bersa made a .22 mag version but I will try different .22 LR in semi and perhaps I can find a revolver in the .22 mag. Getting old might sux but I guess it is better than the alternative.