Sunday, September 12, 2010

Books

What I’m reading.

Well I finished 1635 Bavarian Crisis. Not the best of the series. There are some serious dry portions. I think I prefer Virginia DeMarce in the shorter works and Eric Flint alone in the novels.

I finished Canticle for Liebowitz. I had never read that one before. There are as many women in that story as there are in a Sylvester Stallone movie.

Still reading the Churchill biography. I had set it aside just as WWII started. I figured that would be the best part and I wanted to come to it fresh.

Finished up the last of Terry Pratchett this summer. I don’t think there are any Discworld novels extant I have not read at least once. And that’s a shame.

On deck are Riverworld and and Politically Incorrect Guide to the Vietnam War. I figure the last will be a good rejoinder to About Face. I'm not a HUGE fan of the Polically Incorrect guide format, but the book came free, so...

2 comments:

George said...

I've been re-reading some of the Discworld books. Someday, Terry will stop writing them ... but some day, I will start at Book #1 ... and go right through to the end.

His latest will be new to me; I can't wait.

Wonderful stuff ... especially if you know a little bit about England.

Regards.

Bubblehead Les. said...

Do read the Riverworld Series in order. It just turns out to be one thick, fantastic novel. Stopped trying to follow 1631/32/33/34/35 when I had to wait 2 years for one book to be published before I could read the one I just bought. Plus I really didn't like it when they took all the main characters and split them off into 17 different adventures and you don't know when/where this story is taking place in relationship to whom. Now if John Ringo would just give me some more Posleen War instead of jumping us into Cally's Spy Adventures...