Cracked.com loves these lists, and so do gun bloggers. This one is actually pretty good, unlike some of their woefully innaccurate zombie lists.
So the standard Hollywood movie misinformation boils down to:
- Silencers/Suppressors are so quiet the assassination won't wake the missus sleeping right next to the target.
- Machine Guns are death-machines
- Bulletproof Vests are as good as a full body force field
- You gotta constantly, Gratuitously, Cock your weapon for dramatic effect
- Bullets make things for all Es-plodey
So what does that spell, acronym-wise? S MG BV GC BEMaybe just use Vest, and drop the Gratuitously, and substitute Machine Gun with Automatic Weapons....
S AW V C BEBE S AW V C
BE the SAW ViCe
as in: Be the Saw Vice! The Hollywood gun myth phenomena will forever be known as "Be the saw vice." As in, Ripley really Saw-Viced those extraterrestrials in Aliens.
Yes? No? It's spelled vise? Dang!