Friday, September 17, 2010

Pah.

Old NFO recommended shooting up some blog fodder.

That’s the thing! I’ve been to the range twice and not posted a proper report. Not much new to discuss. The groups are loose, but tighten up once I get the groove back. And always the anticipatory/flinchy/jerky-trigger work that puts my holes low and right. So little help there for the fodder.

There’s a problem I wish I could get a better handle on. If I could get more centered I might be able to shoot a bowling pin competition and be in the middle of the pack.

But that’s not what I want to talk about. It’s the Springfield Loaded 1911 I’ve been taking to the range. That gun is really growing on me. I’ve always liked it. I just felt that I should like it MORE. With the addition of the snubbie, and having the Sig with Double Action Kellerman, that 1911 trigger has become a very real pleasure. I know its foibles now. It’s broken in. Its good features I’ve always known are matching up with features I had no idea it had

What are the known good stuff? Well, the .45 ACP is one. It’s tough. It’s metal. That trigger feels good.

What are the unknown til now good stuff? It’s a lot smaller than people make out. Well, trim is a better word. It’s a surprisingly pretty simple mechanism for such a complex task. Elegant. There is no wasted fluff on it. And that trigger? It’s not just good. It was hard for me to fully appreciate at first. I can see I don’t fully appreciate it NOW, but I can also see where this road is taking me. It looks like a nice trip. So to speak.

No comments: