Sunday, September 5, 2010

Well Dang

My training money just went to a $1700 car repair. So, I might have to put off the class til winter or spring rather than try something before hunting season.

Dag Nabbit.

But the list of possibles includes:

Maryland Firearms Training Group in Southern MD,
FPF Training in Culpepper VA, Advanced Conceal Carry Tactics *
Practical Firearms Training in West Virginia, Defensive Handgun II

When I get a little better and faster I want to try Aim Fast Hit Fast. You have to be able to do this, tho:

Prerequisites: This is a fast-paced class suited to shooters who have already achieved proficiency with a handgun. At a minimum, prospective students should be capable of performing the following drill(s) on demand:

• Fire and hit a 3×5 card at 5 yards on demand
• Draw, fire 1, reload, fire 2 (3 hits on 8″ circle) at 7 yards in eight seconds

And I don't think I can always hit that 3x5, and I have no idea on the 8 second thing. Not with my flaw. And drawing from the Serpa holster, the only time I've been timed, has been around 3 seconds.


2 comments:

Old NFO said...

NJT- Take a full blown class prior to aim fast, hit fast... Most people cannot do that without advanced training.

Bubblehead Les. said...

Second that, old NFO! You want to practice your draw speed, get a blue gun and do a little a day, AFTER you get your grip down solid, your presentation stance tight, the sight picture as good as you can see. Since you have to wait ( It SUCKS when your have to take your hard-earned stash and put it into your vehicle, Bro, I know), now would be the time to get out the 22's and hit the Range, reinforcing the basics. ANYONE can shoot a gun fast, but it does you no good if you MISS fast. Remember, only hits count!