Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Discovery Channel

So I got this crazed dude holding hostages nearby. As of this writing, it is late afternoon, and the drama is ongoing. Apparently he is mad at Discovery Channel for their program selection. Not enviromentalist enough. Also not human and civilization extinction enough (sounds like a zero population type). He has hostages, a pistol, and a possible bomb. No word on the type of pistol... What? This is a gun blog.

A work buddy said, "He's probably angry that they killed off his favorite character on Deadliest Catch..."

I said, "Too soon, work buddy, too soon."

I hope this ends with no one hurt. Not even the crazy guy. I don't KNOW, but the feel is he is doing this for attention and isn't planning a blaze of glory at the end. I hope my hunch is right.

The only people I know that are near there is the Saucy Trollop's daughter, and they closed down the Metro station, I believe, so she can't get to her job. And my favorite Diner is near there, but it's a coupla blocks away.

It didn't impact traffic on the highway. This part of Silver Spring is a good 2 miles from 495.


One of the things on his online list of demands, he wants no wars. I guess all the excess mouths he wants to get rid of are just gonna have to starve to death or make their own gas chamber or something.

I know Breda is going, "Great, another Obama supporter snaps. Typical."


UPDATE: Well crap. Not everyone left the scene uninjured. At least the hostages were unhurt.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

They capped him... All hostages are safe.