A virus originates in China. Though that detail doesn't really matter. It is quick and easily contagious and breaks free of any possibility of containment. No treatment is available initially. Mortality is similar to the Spanish Flu pandemic of 90 some years ago, or worse. Millions and millions die.
People then act like, you know, people at all levels. Civil order almost completely breaks down. Some act nobly and heroically. Many act like scared violent animals. Some lie on the internet and get millions extra killed. Some do their best and try to keep their head down and just get through this, hoping things will get back to normal in a year or so. When gummint folks make an error they are probably not motivate by evil, and probably not greed either. Chance are they are merely incompetent or make a mistake. People do that.
The movie made me want to buy more MREs and such.
It was ok as a piece of entertainment. Nothing to write home about performance-wise. Better as a lesson of possibility.
- Don't arm yourself with you first gun after the rioters and looters have slaughtered your neighbor, necessitating YOU to search the homes of other empty homes for that left behind side by side.
- When you go shopping for groceries and the looting has been going on for at least an hour, don't press on hoping that maybe YOUR grocery store is fine and working as normal.
- Don't fail to have a years worth of food on hand.
- Don't trust your hot blonde wife named Gwyneth Paltrow NOT to sleep around on you. She does it in a plurality of her movies. THINK, man.
- Stop touching your face. That's how you get germs.