Thursday, February 16, 2012

Walking Dead...

KILLED the zombie meme.  I refuse to watch.  Dead to me.

I actually dread WWZ because Walking Dead stuck a stake into the heart of the genre.  To mix a metaphor.  George Romero is spinning in his grave.  And he's not even dead yet.

Zombie shows have joined the Choir Invisible.  They are pushing up daisies.  Bought the farm with the barn full of undead loved ones.  It's gone shaved-gymrat-deputy-mantits up.  Pining for the Georgia quarry fjords.  They've bleeding demised.  They have gone to meet its maker.  They've passed on.  The joke has ceased to be.  It is no more.

It is an EX-meme.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are wrong. We are on the leading edge of the wave. It won't jump the shark for a while. Even a Twilight style Teen movie series cannot kill it.

It will take a zombie based sitcom with a cute little adopted black kid to kill the meme.

Marty said...

Careful Anon. There is a sitcom in the works based on the Zombieland movie.

I don't know if it's jumped the shark yet. I am still enjoying the show.

Anonymous said...

It's my favorite show too.

I am glad they are ramping up the zombie killin again.

On The Talking Dead, the live talk show about the Walking Dead, they had the producer of the show and he said they heard the audience and are getting back to action and less soapy drama.

Bubblehead Les. said...

Go for "Grimm" on NBC on Friday Nights. I mean, talk about mixed-up responses. The Monster Hunting Hero who comes from a long line of Monster Hunters has as a Sidekick a.... Monster.

Marty said...

Les!! I watch Grimm too. It's good but kind of a "Bug of the Week" kinda thing. I like TWD better.

Mad Saint Jack said...

I really don't like the show... but I'm watching it anyway.