Monday, February 27, 2012

Meme

I got pegged in a meme, and I got nuthin else, so...

"I will write down 5 things that indicate, to me, that a gun owner or shooter maybe is an honest one; I say 'maybe' because I have known some seemingly honest gun owners to tell some really tall tales. Then I will tag 5 other gun owners who are also bloggers and I hope each will play along, each listing, in their blogs, at least 3 things that are indicative a gun owner is an honest one, then sending the challenge of this meme on to 5 other gun owner who are also bloggers."

Hmmm, honest shooter qualities...

  1. I CCW this weapon because I like it and freely admit that there might be better stuff out there, even better FOR ME, but I don't care because there are other factors and preferences at work (e.g. Carrying a Beretta Bobcat in .25, or a double action snubbie you hate to shoot at the range because it hurts)
  2. You freely admit occasionally, and dwell more frequently on in private, lying in bed staring at the ceiling, those times you violated one of the 4 Rules inadvertently in a minute of stupidity. Stupid stupid stupid, lucky lucky lucky.
  3. You can point to guns in your safe that were stupid purchases in hindsight, yet you never get around to liquidating that gun to use the money to get a better gun or ammo or training
  4. You regret not taking more training more frequently.  You admit to yourself and others that you should at least practice drawing and dry firing more.  
  5. You are scared nigh poop-less that you might really have to use a firearm, legitimately.  The thought of failure and through your failure someone that doesn't need to get shot, gets hurt badly.  And it's all your fault.  And you live a long life afterward to dwell on THAT. 

Now I gotta tag others, so I pick folks that I don't think will even respond.

  1. Tam
  2. Uncle
  3. RobertaX
  4. Breda
  5. JayG

5 comments:

breda said...

I already posted my 5 in MBtGE's comments.

Jay G said...

Thanks for reading my blog. NOT.

I was the very first round tagged! Sheesh!

:)

BTW, I agree with your list entirely...

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Jay, I can barely remember yesterday. I'm sure I read it when you chimed in, and have since forgot.

Jay G said...

Heh. I chased it back - MBtGE was tagged by Nancy R., who was tagged by me. So we had three degrees of separation - and neither of us is Kevin Baker, err, Bacon...

:)

JB Miller said...

Nancy tagged me. It was good for my self esteem...