"I will write down 5 things that indicate, to me, that a gun owner or shooter maybe is an honest one; I say 'maybe' because I have known some seemingly honest gun owners to tell some really tall tales. Then I will tag 5 other gun owners who are also bloggers and I hope each will play along, each listing, in their blogs, at least 3 things that are indicative a gun owner is an honest one, then sending the challenge of this meme on to 5 other gun owner who are also bloggers."
Hmmm, honest shooter qualities...
- I CCW this weapon because I like it and freely admit that there might be better stuff out there, even better FOR ME, but I don't care because there are other factors and preferences at work (e.g. Carrying a Beretta Bobcat in .25, or a double action snubbie you hate to shoot at the range because it hurts)
- You freely admit occasionally, and dwell more frequently on in private, lying in bed staring at the ceiling, those times you violated one of the 4 Rules inadvertently in a minute of stupidity. Stupid stupid stupid, lucky lucky lucky.
- You can point to guns in your safe that were stupid purchases in hindsight, yet you never get around to liquidating that gun to use the money to get a better gun or ammo or training
- You regret not taking more training more frequently. You admit to yourself and others that you should at least practice drawing and dry firing more.
- You are scared nigh poop-less that you might really have to use a firearm, legitimately. The thought of failure and through your failure someone that doesn't need to get shot, gets hurt badly. And it's all your fault. And you live a long life afterward to dwell on THAT.
Now I gotta tag others, so I pick folks that I don't think will even respond.