Saturday, March 2, 2019

Cool!

Someone else is taking up my Metrocon term!

Well, I say 'my', but I am almost sure I heard it elsewhere, I just don't remember where.  But it was years ago when I adopted it.

Of course, my personal definition was a little different.  I referred to conservatives that grew up in an urban or urbanish-suburbs.  As such were unfamiliar guns, and only cops or robbers or TV shows had firearms, in their world.  So these folks were less sympathetic to the 2nd Amendment.  Oh sure, they would often mouth encouragement and support, but their heart wasn't in it.  SOP was to ignore the issue.  Even if they had married into a family of Alaskans. 

This guy Walther expands that to #Nevertrump think tank grifters, that were faking conservativism this whole time.  Like:  Globalist, Davos attenders, that tend to be interventionist and a bit fiscally conservative, but secretly hostile to cultural conservative tenets.  Freedom of speech?  Pfff.  Abortion?  They don't even like to think about it.  Right to bear arms?  Guns are icky and no one needs them, let's be like Britain, but never say that out loud.  Military service?  All for it!  For OTHER people, of course. 

My definition was not nearly as negative as all that.  But, you know, if the ascot fits and the silverware is set in the proper order and the clariet vintage is cheeky but with mellow finich, go with it.

No comments: