Sunday, March 31, 2019

High End Pistol

What is a High End Pistol?

A $1200 Hudson.  Sure, maybe.  A $3000 custom 1911?  Oh yes.

A $500 Glock.  Yes, believe it or not.  High end pistol

Look at how reliable a Glock is?  It's not just Glock.  Any major brand $500ish pistol is just like that.  Smith, Sig, FN...

Manufacturing technique and design advances have brought the price down to $500.   High end performance.  A GI in 1918 would LOVE to have a Glock 17 there in the trenches, in the mud. 

"My my plastic fantastic is a lemon, T-Bolt"  Well, I bet a single simple corrective will squeeze that lemon into lemonade 9 times out of 10.  Maybe a burr on the extractor and bam, back in business.  Or a slightly better front sight and some loctite to keep it from flying off.  $100?  Tops?

Cost you $400+ to get a lemon $700 revolver to get back in action and trustworthy.  Though you can still get a used $300 revolver that runs like a raped ape, with a little wheelgun knowledge.  Won't be like that much longer.  

"Is my plastic Taurus or Canik a high end gun, T-Bolt?"  Whoa, pump yer brakes, kid, let's not get ahead of ourselves.


3 comments:

Bradley said...

as a proud owner of both Glocks and S&W M&P plastic fantasitcs, I also on a Canik TP9SA, and all of them just run great. Feed them decent ammo, only issues have been with WWB(one cartridge did not have a flash hole!) oddly that was in the M&P in 40sw.

But I might have a wonder canik that just runs, and I know that might be how it is.

I did shoot IDPA/USPSA in GA/AL the year I was down there with the Canik and put about 5000 rounds down range, two matches a month, each match about 150rds, plus practice after the matches, with out a single failure on the Canik.

But for a carry gun the g19 is my go to, I know it will work, so why not?

riverrider said...

live in va, carry every day except work which is a college. but I work in the armory filled with guns. nice gig. my wife carries too, tho not to either of our liking, in her purse. if I went to church i'd only do so in one I can carry. I don't sweat it if it prints, I have a permit. I haven't seen my sister in 3 years, she lives in Delaware and I can't get their except thru Maryland. I have seen the md cops at the border running their i.d. cameras and know they pull over ccw holders hoping to catch them carrying. our dem gov vetoed the bill to stop sharing this info with md. I can't print what I think of him or that....but know one thing, many in va. do carry.

pigpen51 said...

I have a Taurus Pt111 G2, and for a 200$ gun, it has been a dream. I have well over 700 rounds through it, and it has never failed to fire or eject and reload. I don't think that this is an abnormality. This model seems to be a good one. Do I think I would take it out of a box brand new, and trust it without firing a shot as my carry gun? No, not a chance. There are a few guns, like the Glock 19, or the Beretta M9, that I might trust for that, just because they have proven their design to be so damn reliable. But the Taurus I would want to fire a couple of hundred rounds at least, before putting it into my holster. Not a hit on the gun, since I trust my life to one, just acknowledging that they are not the same quality as the other two.
One other gun I really like, the CZ 2075 RAMI. My son has one, and it is a high quality gun, that I might pick up one day, when I can justify spending the money on it. I would love to carry that gun.