Thursday, May 9, 2019

Film Days

Back in elementary school, when we had a substitute we invariably got a movie on one of the ol 16mm projectors. 



And they showed TWO things.  Homer Price and his donuts and the Red Balloon.





Pretentious and treacle. One is FRENCH for Pete's sake... yet I relished every re-watch

It could have been worse.  Other kids were forces to watch THIS over and over.



I lucked out and never got more than 10 minutes of that one.

But one movie in 9th grade arguable got me to where I am today, at this blog, doing the gun stuff I do. US History class.



Thank you Mr. Rattan

4 comments:

LCB said...

HAH. When I was in elementary we got film strips, change the slide to the beep on a record.

Ritchie said...

Occupation: Bit Turner. A job I could understand.

Windy Wilson said...

When I was in Junior High School (Middle school to you kids) we loved it when the teacher played the films backwards. That was a delight for both the eye and the ear. :)

libertyman said...

That film on the gunsmith is inspiring indeed. I watched it years ago, and it is available now as a DVD. When at Williamsburg, I handled the very rifle that is made in the film, and it is remarkable in every way.
"Lock ,stock and barrel"