Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Grip

Old NFO brings up a point about my shooting.

"Are you regripping after every shot?"

No.

You know... I used to.  Especially with double stacks.  Fire... re-adjust grip after recoil because the fun shifted... fire.

Or when my hands were sweaty.

But I don't do that anymore.

I don't know when I stopped.

Am I doing it plenty and just re-adjusting so causally and easily that I don't notice?

If anything, my grip is consciously looser.  If not actually looser.  Maybe I think I am gripping more relaxed, but am in reality gripping more surely.  Or, my more relaxed grip is riding the recoil better.  But at this stage if I gripped tighter, I already have the 'ride' skill down so my next iteration up the long shooting prowess ladder will my a tighter grip I don't have to rejigger between shots.

I don't know.

But now I want to know.

I need to borrow a Glock 21.  In .45 and 10mm, just to see.  And go to a hot summer range.

Shooting Goals:

My trigger pull is deent, make it better by an order of magnitude.
My grip is decent, make it better by an order of magnitude.

I am ecstatic at the level I have gotten to with my shooting, but I can see a new horizon I now want to get to.

No comments: