Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Looks like I dodged... a bullet

Ok, sorry for that title.

I didn't send my H9 in for warranty work.  Didn't need to.  I had a gunsmith that correctly diagnosed my FTF problem, and we fixed it.

Other people aren't so lucky and their gun is in a bin, in parts, at Hudson's bankruptcy proceedings.  Prolly will never be fixed and returned. 

Shame, really.  It's a decent gun.

"Oh, no, T-Bolt, what will you do when something else goes wrong?"

Dunno.  Same thing I'd do if my Colt Pocket Hammerless fails?

Spare parts aren't as bad as you'd think.  A lot are sourced from other makers.  But I WOULD pay money to see the catalog numbers for all those on a paper list right now.  You never know.

I feel like I was one of the people that got a Bren Ten AND got a few spare mags before they were all gone, back in the 80s. 

1 comment:

Jonathan H said...

The same thing happened to a gun store near me; the store went up and their stock got taken for their debts - along with anybody whose gun or bow was there for repairs layaway, or waiting for a Form 4... A good reason to be very careful who works on or handles your weapons.