Friday, May 10, 2019

Why So Pokey, T-Bolt

Why has the blogging suffered?

Well, when I started this thing I was at a job.  2007.  The work was important, but easy enough to do.  So I had spare cycles during the day to think on stuff.  I used those cycles here.  I was at that job til this time last year.

Then, the scope of the job quadrupled.  The job changed.  Same place.  Same sorta stuff.  I got a big raise and kicked onto more expansive responsibilities.  A bit more challenging, but the work pace went to frantic mode as we regained our footing.  Still in that mode, now.  And I can see it getting harder.  The first 90% is easy.  Squeezing out that last 10%, and doing it right, is a challenge.  Like cleaning up litter.  The piles of McDonalds cups and beer cans on the roadside are easy, but getting the half buried truck tire out of the ground and the shopping cart from the middle of the muddy creek is just two items that will take a lotta extra thought..

So few cycles to even think about guns and zombies.

2 comments:

The Neon Madman said...

Do what you can when you can, man. Your site is a daily read for me, but I don't comment much. Your work is appreciated.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Thanks, Madman