Sunday, May 12, 2019

How is this even possible

How is the average person BORED 131 days a year?  MIRED in boredom!

This has gotta be BS. 

Even for unimaginative adults.

I haven't been bored since I was a kid.  If you can't occupy your time with your own thoughts... That's like a basic life skill.

"But my work is BORING!" Well, I can see it not being fun.  If work was Fun they'd just call it that.  Hell, I used to run a bottling line.  Monotonous and constant with no breaks from the routine, 8 hours.  You still occupy your mind.  And without the need for music or conversation or what have you if your preference is not available.  It was my preference to NOT have music or what have you.

I just don't understand it.

Am I missing something here?   Am I off base?  Am I the azzhole?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nope, not being an a-hole. And you are on point. An older man once told me that a bored person is a boring person. I agree with that. A person who is bored lacks initiative, discipline, imagination. There are a thousand times a million things one can do whenever they feel stifled in a current task.

Rick

c-90 said...

The most dangerous person in the world, is a bored enlisted person in military service.