Saturday, May 18, 2019

He Ain't Wrong


J. Kb.   Speaking on Taran Tactical, out in sunny Cali For Nye Ay

I, too, and leery of folks with 'special' rights.   "Oh these restriction are for those people over there.  The icky people.  Not for folks like YOU.  YOU are cool.  We are better than them."

Special rules in Maryland if you know the Attorney General or the head of the State Police, and you can get your CCW instantly.  Or if you pay the right lawyer that has the right connections the right amount of money.  Or if your skin is lighter than than a paper bag.  That's how it works here.


"My son," said the Norman Baron, "I am dying, and you will be heir
To all the broad acres in England that William gave me for share
When he conquered the Saxon at Hastings, and a nice little handful it is.
But before you go over to rule it I want you to understand this:– 

 The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite.
But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right.
When he stands like an ox in the furrow – with his sullen set eyes on your own,
And grumbles, 'This isn't fair dealing,' my son, leave the Saxon alone."

--Kipling

No comments: