Monday, May 6, 2019

Mayday Range

Mostly bad.

I remember thinking, "This is awful, it might look better if I was shooting a silhouette target."  Further reflection... No, it's just regular awful.

I felt flinchy.  Like low grade anxiety.  Not conducive to good performance.

It's amazing how much mood affects performance.  And you gotta think on that, because if you ever NEED to shoot a gun your mood is probably going to be awful.  Fear.  Natural hesitance to hurt another human, even if that human is trying to kill you.  Adrenalin dump.  It'll be the worst day of your life, even if everything comes out alright for you results wise.

How?  I dunno.  Concentrate on your trigger finger?  Be maniacally angry instead of afraid?  Rely on your training and muscle memory to muddle through?  Maybe.  I am asking.  What do?

Anyway, I shot the first magazine at that low middle target at 75 feet.  The rest are at 25 feet.  47 rounds of American Eagle, no malfs, 967 since I built the gun.


Bottom left is last magazine.  Usually my last is my worst as I fatigue, but it looks like I was settling a little better. 

No comments: