Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Bandoleer Extra

Heh, what do I put in those 2 extra pouches on the flanks of the bandoleer?

I can think of a first aid kit, and a altoids tin size survival kit. Maybe a gun cleaning kit. Maybe a cellphoe size comunication device.

I think they were meant for grenades, but I'm not going to be carrying those, chances are.

The regular magazine pouches, might fit a pistol magazine in each, giving me 4 of those.

And I loaded the mags open end down, and bullets pointing to my left. Appropriate for a lefty, not a righty. (Thanks for that input, commenter. It's easier to load without shifting your grip on the things.)

Any other ideas for extras?

2 comments:

Turk Turon said...

A stripper-clip guide.
A GI can opener.
A .308 shell extractor.

JB Miller said...

Compact binocs might fit.

Maybe a small kit with a multi-tool and fire making materials.