Sunday, June 15, 2008

Jericho Review Update

In the TV series, "Jericho"...

One thing Corky noted watching Jericho months ago is a detail that slipped by me.He remembers being really bothered by people wielding AR type guns and supporting the carbine by holding onto the magazine. Not the mag well, the magazine. Something Corky says was beaten into him NOT to do back in basic training for the Army.

It was little details like that that bothered him. Plus all the big details that bothered him. He didn't like the show.

I dunno, maybe guys DO wield their M-16s that way. I'm gonna give Corky a big benefit of the doubt. Should I learn from someone that was a soldier, or Hollywood, on how to wield a rifle?

3 comments:

The Customer said...

Jericho could have been really good but just some things bugged the hell out of me and I could not fully enjoy the show.

You never, ever, ever want to hold a AR-15 by the magazine. In an explosion it is the first thing that turns into a frag grenade when something goes wrong. I am not a huge fan of holding the mag well but if you you feel the compelling need too it is safer than the magazine itself.

In the below link, you can fast forward if you are pressed for time to about the 1:00 min mark. You will see why you never want to hold the magazine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWygoxV_ApM

(sorry, I do not know how to link in blogger, you will need to copy and paste the link)

Anonymous said...

Not sure if this explains it, but Jericho's military advisor was in the marines.

I've posted a link and summary to both your reivews in our Jericho blog/news archive.

Gwen
http://www.jericho-kansas.com

Anonymous said...

I never understand why T.V. shows that have firearms as a main theme in their show, don't go to the extra effort to ensure accuracy in their depiction.

My favorite show "LOST" has firearms all over the place, yet they sometimes "switch" them in the same shot...the character is carrying a .45 and then carrying a 9mm! What the heck is wrong with these shows!

The only movie I have seen that had a good clean representation was a little film called "Way of the Gun." The actors handled the firearms well, fingers outside the trigger guards and all. Ends up the director's brother was a Marine..go figure. Good film if you haven't seen it.

Burns