Thursday, June 5, 2008

Minor Ammo

Minor ammo buy day. I needed to top off some rounds that I had expended at the last rifle range - Hap Baker - trip. Argentine and South African surplus 7.62. Another box here and there for what I shot. And a box of .380 for the Colt 1903, just to have, and a box .30-06 for the Springfield 03, just in case. It's a safe queen and 20 rounds is a paltry amount, but that's ok.

I even got a combination lock for the trigger of the 03. I'll use it when moving rifles outside the house, and the keyed one I own has a flaw. What if I lose the key? With the combo lock I only have to remember the number. And that is easy. Same as my luggage lock. 1111. Don't tell Corky.

But I have a goodly amount of ammo stockpiled. To me. I know, I know, "you can never have too much wine or too much ammo," yes, thank you Kipling. It's more of a 'minimum level not to dip below' and a lot of fresh ammo bought at this point goes toward near-future use at the range. If I wanted to increase this minimum I'll have to think of better storage areas for it. And if I copped to 20 ammo cans of .308 the less enlightened members of the family would turn up their noses and cluck their tongues and mutter, "what are we to DO with this T-Bolt..."

For the record, I don't have 20 ammo cans, full of .308 or anything else.

No comments: