Monday, April 11, 2011

Local Ammo Availability

When I started this blog, it wasn't 'legal' to order ammo through catalog houses.  I'd buy a box or two at my local gunstore but the big source was Bass Pro Shops. 

Then the ammo drought happened when the Unicorn guy got elected.  And there was great lamentations and rending of garments.  And precious little ammo.

Anyway, I can order ammo online now, (the state pre-empted my stupid county) and I do, but I still use Bass Pro as a barometer of commercial ammo availability. 

It's better, but still not back to pre-election levels, believe it or not.  I could get something for every firearm I own.  I even had a choice in .380.  Target ammo for $38 or target ammo for $19.  Not much .45 but at least they had SOME.  Normally there'd be 250-round bulk packs (9mm, .40, .45, and .223) on the aisle ends but that phenomena still hasn't returned.  There was Winchester white box .40 in 100 round boxes, so there is that.  I bought one, since I was there.

3 comments:

Bubblehead Les. said...

If you can hold off for a few weeks, I could purchase some ammunition for my own use, then, perhaps, bring you any excess that I might have for you to take back after the Convention (Hint, Hint, Nudge, Nudge, Wink, Wink).

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

I don't need ammo, Les. I just use Bass Pro as a gauge. I buy from online purveyors 500 at a time now without problem.

Bubblehead Les. said...

Yeah, but if you wanna save the Shipping Costs and put the money towards......just let me know.