Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Seasoned

Almost all the petals have fallen off the flowering trees and green has effectively poked through this part of the world.  I've even mown my lawn for the first time this season.  With last year's gas.  So there.  I also got tired of the weeds growing up through the weak sauce azaleas bushes, so I yanked em last fall.  Put down some wildflower and Black Eyed Susan seeds.  The Black Eyed Susan is our state flower, ya know!

And I see that spring is WELL advanced down in Georgia, where Borepatch now lives.  His trees have gone to full leaf rather than half-bud half-leaf like we have here.

And Breda is just about to get the big bloomersMmmmm... Breda...  Big bloomers...

Where was I?  Oh yeah!  This all reminds me of the road trip MBtGE and I took up to Breda's for the Northcoast Blogshoot, where we saw the leaves noticeably change color on the way up there.  The reverse on the way home. 

And... I am nigh out of blog fodder, can you tell?

5 comments:

Marty said...

Mmmm... Big Breda Bloomers...

Unknown said...

...you know I'll be seeing you soon, right?

Anonymous said...

You sayin Breda wears Grandma panties?? YOU DO KNOW SHE CAN SHOOT. You are a brave or crazy guy...

Bubblehead Les. said...

Trust me, up here, no one is looking at the Big Bloomers, 'cause we are stuck in the Mud Wrestling Season. Rain, rain, cloudy sky, rain, and more rain. Who'd have thought that Seattle would have better weather than Cleveland? P.S. Looks like the Gunnie Prom will be a lovely rainy weekend, but you won't probably have to worry about that past Thursday Night when you run into Breda. ; )

Mike W. said...

Are you trying to say Breda's old?

I mean she's only 11 years older than I am. Sheesh!

See you in Pitt in a week!