Sunday, June 11, 2017

Same Bat Time...

When I was a kid there were two parts of TV.  Regular TV that had stuff like the news and was for my parents, and then there was UHF.  On UHF there was stuff for me.  Regular was NBC, ABC, CBS, UHF was PBS.  And there I saw Sesame Street and Electric Company and Mister Rogers.

My older cousin Jason came to visit.  I was out of the room when he made the change but he fiddled with the more delicate UHF tuner to shift from PBS's channel 26 to WDCA's channel 20.  When I walked into the room this was on the screen, with the theme music going.






And I was hooked. 

What is this wonder, Jason!  This is much better than the Cookie Monster.  

Lots of other stuff on Channel 20, including Captain 20, but Batman was the creme de la creme.  I was ruined forever.  Well, from age 3ish through 12ish? 

Thank you Adam West.

No comments: