Thursday, May 2, 2019

Been thinking about Black Summer

The Netflix 8 ep Zombacalypse series, I mentioned Tuesday...

I am only a coupla three in.  For those that have seen it, they just got to the diner for me.

It's early.  Lots of confused people.  They know the military and CDC are working to make things right.  But folks are noticing that the authority's grip is tenuous.

Folks are starting to think maybe it is time panic.  Getting desperate.

They are holing up until told to go, and still obeying.  They are shooting looters.

I don't think I have seen a working light or TV or radio, and people aren't staring at their phones.  Power has been out for a while.  The season is cool, so not high summer or winter.  People are making paper maps and not interpreting them well if they are young.

Information is scarce.  Only a few have seen a zombie first hand.

CDC means disease, so, maybe you won't catch it?

Nope.  You die, you turn in less than a minute. Less than 10 seconds.  And then you become mindless, but super violent and maybe kill another, make another zombie.  Mindless in that you can still protect yourself from a single zed by closing a decent door.  Doorknobs are beyond the dead's ken.  They are rabid humans.  Except dead.

If everyone turns, and folks are murderous panicky, and zombies are fast to kill, this zombacalypse won't take long from this point in the series to get everyone else.  Less than a year to get 90+% I'd guess.  And then a generation to get NOBODY.  Extinction.   

It's dark.  People are about to fully realize the implications when this show starts out.  It's over.  

4 comments:

JayNola said...

Oy...
Going to have to think hard about whether I really want to watch.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

It's decently done. Ima give them the 8 eps to convince me to watch out for a season 2.

Drake's Place said...

I've watched 3 episodes of Black Summer and so far so good. I noticed in the closing credits one of the creators is associated with Z Nation, which is a really good entry in the zombie genre. Glad you'd mentioned it in an earlier post. I'm always up for a good zombie program!

Matthew W said...

I LOVE ZOMBIE MOVIES !!
Black Summer is not very good. Really, really, really bad writing.