Friday, May 24, 2019

Range 22 May

Took the Hudson out.

This is the first time in a session I start out rusty and improved in quality by the end, instead of starting strong and tapering down in quality from there.  In a long time.

The Hudson has edges on the trigger.  Not enough for most to notice, but I have sensitive girlie fingers.  The little tongue on a Glock causes wear for me.  DAKs are horrible.  Ruger revolvers, too.  The triggers that DON'T bother me are all 1911s and S&W revolvers that I am not shooting .44 magnum out of.

I cowboyed up and carried on.



32 rounds of American Eagle, 30 rounds of Speer Lawman, no malfs, for 442 total through this gun.  115 grain. 

You see how awful the upper left is.  Lower right had two, sorta, groups.  Good trigger pull, and not so good.  I was settling in.

Odd flaw area.  The .45 goes high and right.  In the old day EVERYTHING went way low and right.  Now the flaw for this 9mm is low and left. 

I look forward to next week.

It's all in the trigger pull.  Getting that groove back.  Relaxing enough is relatively easy now.  Same with focusing on the front sight.  Trigger pull is the key.

But I don't need to tell you all that.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

One of the hardest things to do, a straight back trigger pull is key to single groups. Are you regripping after every shot? That could also be causing issues, as I've seen that happen before.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Grip steady.

Best ones, are the pin back and reset late, sights on. I'd rather move beyond that.