Friday, May 17, 2019

Drama

Lots of 'bortion drama all about. 

It's not my issue.  I purposely have no strong feeling either way.  If you are a pol that is super restrictionist because you are protecting the life and rights of a second person or if you are a pol that is super permissive because of person retaining autonomy over their very own body...  (and both of those are defensible in a libertarian mindset.)  I'll vote for you if you are a good on the Second Amendment.

"What if the politicians are exactly the same, both great on guns, but the only difference is their stance on abortion, T-Bolt?"

Well, what are the chances that will ever happen?  That that will be my choice?

Like I said, the issue doesn't blow my skirt up, but in that case I might think how much I dislike activist courts of the early 1970s.  Or I'll side with whichever side is annoying me less at the time.  The pro lifers annoyed me in the 80s.  They are less annoying now.  Now...  I'm the cis-gendered patriarchy and the left wants me dead.  Death can be super annoying.   

But I'm not here to argue abortion.  And neither are you.  I'm here because of Supreme Court cases.

These laws are pro life people trying to pass things that will get challenged and make its way up the system which they think, since Kavanaugh, they can win, and get Roe overturned.  I think that that is risky.  Especially since, like always, they push the issue too far.  If our leftists friends were anti abortion they'd pass smaller measures and slowly ratchet up the pressure their way.  Eventually reaching their goal of a full ban.  Rather than betting it all on one throw.  The Lefties are more patient that way.  They don't risk self sabotage. 

But this abortion argle bargle takes attention in the media away from gun cases.   Which is fine by me.  It's doesn't displace gun cases on the docket, after all.  Gun cases will quietly move on and up.  The oxygen is suck out of the room of attention, not the room of jurisprudence.

Of course it will motivate the left to get lefty presidents elected sooner and often to appoint their own judges. But CAN they get motivated more than they already were in 2016?  I'd really like to have one more good judge on guns replace RBG, get some strict scrutiny rule on and what not cemented in place, so we can withstand any future court swinging onslaught.  Unless you can guarantee a 5+ judge advantage for the rest of my life and a couple decades after my death. 


1 comment:

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Oh, and Gosnell and Northam and even Obama are ghouls for the exact same reason. Gross.