Friday, June 28, 2019

"Man, lots of gunnies hate the NRA"

"But I'll never get like that.  No way.  They aren't perfect but they do great things and help hold the line.  There is nothing they can do that'll make me pull back my enthusiasm..."

Well apparently there is.

Man, NRA, you are gonna have to WIN my love back now, big time before I'll even consider supporting you again.  Do something for me and mine before yourselves.  Thanks for getting a whole buncha states CCW but that was about done 10 years ago.  I'd be impressed if you got the rest.


3 comments:

B said...

I really doubt it was the NRA that got all those states CCW.

That was mostly local groups.

Mike V said...

The NRA played a role, make no mistake. On the National front, though, they seem too eager to sacrifice segments rather than defend the whole. They should learn from SAF.

pigpen51 said...

I had left the NRA, after just joining them the day after Obama was elected for the first time. But I quit them a few years later, due to what I perceived as their lack of commitment to their members concerns.
But a couple of years ago, I decided that the only way that they were going to change, was if members started to complain. And don't you know, if you are not a member, you can't complain. So I made the decision that I will always be a member of the NRA, plus I am a member of the GOA. I wish they would get together, and do what each of them do best, with the GOA being much better at lobbying, and the NRA much better at both promoting gun safety, and teaching our youth about guns and gun safety and shooting. The NRA should stay out of the lobbying and the GOA is much better at the role that the NRA has tried to take on, over the last years.
But the thing is, with somewhere between 60-100 million people own guns in this country. And it is just ridiculous that we do not have a much larger number of people who are members of some gun group that fights for our gun rights.
It is going to be a very interesting coming year, at the least.