Wednesday, June 26, 2019

So...

Say I DO buy a commodity plastic 9mm...

With my luck and if I get a M&P, then Smith will have financial problems again and not get any Police Department contracts.  Or if I get a M17, the War Department will change their mind and cancel procurement and go somewhere else the model will be nigh stillborn.

Glock is my third choice, but I am snakebit.  Something bad can happen to Glock and even the mighty Austrians can get eclipsed.

Now none of this bothers me none after the sale.  I have a Hudson, fully aware it could end up like it did.  I was just thinking aftermarket support.

Then again, there are enough Glocks out there after market support will last for decades if they magically never sold another new gun starting tomorrow.

4 comments:

Ratus said...

Tbolt, why don't you just build a Glock clone.

You can buy all the parts from Brownells for about what you'd spend for a used one.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Meh... I don't know much about Glocks. I'd want to take an Armorer's course, first. https://www.glocktraining.com/Schedule.aspx

And for that, I'd need to have a Glock.

Ratus said...

Really? You've built your own 1911(s) right?

This is more like baby's first gunsmithing kit.

If you get the 80% kit it's drill a few holes (comes with the jig) grind out some plastic to fit the locking block.

Then it's just a few pins.

If you've detail stripped a 1911, you can put together a Glock.

Ritchie said...

I have recently gotten a Springfield Armory XD-M in 10 MM. I commend it to your attention. I also have a Glock 20C. I carry the XD-M. The Glock is somewhere in the bottom of the safe. To me, the XD-M trigger is far superior in stock form to the Glock trigger with a trigger kit.