Saturday, June 22, 2019

The Levels of Drunkeness

No, not this.

If I have 3 beers on a Thursday, I can still drive, and have no problem getting up for work on Friday.

This is for me!  All this.  YOUR mileage may vary.

That then means I can drink 8 beers on Friday. Wake up Saturday with no ill effects.  As long as there is no alarm clock.  Just wake up in my own time.  The three practice beers Thursday made eacy 8 A-OK.

But 8 beers means my judgement is clouded.  And I might say "What the heck?" and have a ninth.  Bad call.  I will now be hungover Saturday morning.  Pain behind my right eye all day.  It's awful.

But if I had 8 on Friday, 9 on Saturday is just fine.  I will be OK Sunday morning.  This is all assuming no other alcohol consumption during the rest of the week,  Just weekend binges, with, perhaps, Thursday pregame.

I've had this drinking wisdom for decades.  But that 'cloudy judgement' thing is a persistent spoiler.  Next life, I hope I am a teetotaler. Not the annoying kind, tho.  Maybe have a hop allergy. 


No comments: