Thursday, June 27, 2019

Ok, improvement, Range 25 June

Trigger control

There is "Make Trigger Go Good" which has a surprise break at the end.  Option A.   :-)

And there is "MakeTriggerGoNOW!" which has a flinch at the end.  Option B.  :-(

Now when you are shooting well and doing Option A you naturally want to do Option A but a tiny bit faster.  Then you get Option B as you drive faster than your headlights.  Out of practice I usually am Option B after the first shot and get to Option A then speed up if I have time and get back to Option B.  If I am disciplined I calm back down and end up at Option A again.

I think that is where I am goofing.  I know how to do Option A.  I forget and have to relearn Option A, even with frequent practice.  When I have Option A tuned in I immediately try to speed up Option A, because that would be a good thing.  And quickly get to Option B.  Too fast, no surprise, flinch creeps in.

35 more American Eagle .45 AC with no malfunctions.  Fewer, "Oh, Dammit!" shots.   1038 shot through gun.

Now, the real trick.  Speeding up Option A and keeping it Option A.


The worst shot on target #5 was the first of the magazine and they walked in closer after that.  Kinda enjoyed that. 

So, slightly better.  I listened to myself for once.

No comments: