Sunday, November 1, 2020

Known FBI Failures

 Where we know the FBI knew ahead of time and failed to act.  

Tamerlan Tsarnaev, Boston Marathon

Nidal Hassan, Ft Hood

Carlos Bledsoe, Arkansas

Dylan Roof, Charleston, South Carolina

Omar Mateen, Orlanda


Those are just the famous ones we know about.  "Hey FBI, I know this guy and I think he's a gonna go on a spree."  "Thanks for the tip!  We'll flub or ignore it like the others."

To cover their tracks they make flashy arrests for crimes they arranged, "Hello, fellow kids!  Anyone want to do some terror crimes?  I got a lead on some 'C4' explosives and here is the instructions.  Just say the word.  What are you, chicken?" And an otherwise harmless crank or a mentally stunted person gets on the news with a perp walk. 

I think if the FBI paid even a little bit of a price for a failure like these, I'd fall out of my chair, break my coccyx.  Just a smidgen of integrity.   A scintilla of accountability.  But the FBI never has.  A semi-crappy arm of the DOJ, damned with faint praise by being marginally better than the ATF, the FBI specializes in high standard of dress codes, and having really good PR. The true legacy of Hoover, that marketing ability.  And they've been skating on an unearned rep for a long time.   

2 comments:

Miguel GFZ said...

I would add Nikolas Cruz, the Parkland shooter. They were warned about him about a year before the incident and they never acted upon the info. They admitted the info "fell through the cracks"

Aaron said...

With a title to your post like that, you’re gonna need a bigger blog.