Friday, November 6, 2020

Ridiculous.

 "We won't pay for another MRI until you do 6 weeks of physical therapy Mr. Bolt."

I just did that.

"Six more weeks."

You just sent me a letter saying you won't pay for the 7 week of the original physical therapy.  That you have paid enough for physical therapy.

"Yeah?  And?"

It costs me $30 copay without your help paying. Thirty bucks, times 6 weeks, time twice a week is $360.  I bet if I have to pay it all myself it will me more than $30 more per visit...

"Oh yes, lots more."

If I went to get the neck surgery without the new, clear, MRI imagery to guid the surgeon, you'd pay for all of that?

"Yes.  Yes, definitely."

How much does the MRI cost?

"$500"

OK!  Get the f--- out of my way.  I got a credit card in here somewhere. 

2 comments:

Miguel GFZ said...

Yes, they are that stupid.

They forbade my lower back surgery (outpatient procedure lasting no more than 30 minutes) because I was supposed to do certain things first like phyusical therapy (done, did not work) and also including "pain management" AKA dangerous painkillers which I refuse to take.

So we are at an impasse: They are still being idiots about it and I am still with pain.

ProudHillbilly said...

One thing that might help. I have compressed discs, artheritis, and stenosis of the spinal column in my neck. When it gets bad, I have a home traction set up that goes over the door and uses water as the traction weight. It really does help.