Saturday, February 12, 2022

Nothing lasts!

When I moved in to this place back in the 90s the previous owner had put up a thin braided cotton rope, about four feet long, in the laundry area.  This they, and I, used to put hangered clothes on when emptying the dryer.  Sometime I leave the summer stuff on it in the winter and winter stuff on it in the summer.  No room in the closet upstairs.

Anyway, after only 25 years the rope broke. I have replaced it.  Nylon, this time.  Why?  It was the first suitable cordage I ran across.  Draped the old and busted, in orange, as an example to other cordage:


I guess I have no right to complain.  The washer/dryer combo is older than me, though it looks like someone probably replaced the dryer in the mid 60s.   


2 comments:

Glypto Dropem said...

LOL... at least your dryer still has control knobs on it. Our friends have an ancient Kenmore dryer that has a pair of pliers sitting on top to turn the timer knob.

BobF said...

I claim the most expensive hangered clothes device ever -- a $600 treadmill. That was the cost then -- mid 80s.