Sunday, January 1, 2012

I Hear Stories

In my quest for more blog fodder, I hear stories.  Friends of friends, you know.  3rd or 4th hand accounts.

"So and so got a gun..."

"Uh huh?"

"Says it can shoot .410 and .45!"

Oh dear.

Well, at least .45 Long Colt has a further lease on life.  What with the cowboy shooters getting more popular and now the Taurus Judge and Judge-clones sucking a bit of oxygen in the room up.  I figure people that get the Judge probably buy ONE box of .45LC if they find it.  Just to see.  Or maybe not, the ammo costs .65 a round, generally.  Not super expensive, but not cheap either. 

You know, I've never heard a bad thing about those new long cylinder revolvers.  Oh sure, performance stuff, I don't mean that.  I mean, it hasn't featured yet as the 'villain' deodand in a junk-onna-bunk video by the police.  No one has said, "the perpetrator used the especially deadly Judge, that fires shotgun and .45 rounds.  Simultaneously.  In the presence of kittens." or anything.

I wonder where city and suburban types take their Judge to try it out?  Most indoor ranges around here are a bit hinky about shotgun use.  And some of the outdoor ones, too.  Load up your revolver with primo 00 buck shot shells and never know what it felt like to fire it and THAT is their home defense plan.

1 comment:

Bubblehead Les. said...

I read that December 2011 (gee, it seems like it was only yesterday!) was the new record for NICS checks in a single month. But out of all those guns sold, I wonder how many people bought a gun, put a box of ammo next to it, and said to themselves "NOW I'm Safe!"