Friday, January 20, 2012

Shotguns

While I don't like to use them against Zombies, I do like them for semi suburban deer hunting.

This is kinda odd...  I own several Remington Model 11's all of a sudden.  They'd grown steadily, at $200 a pop or less.  I get one as a parts gun, then another falls in my lap, then another.  I'm not trying to get just this one type, it just worked out that way.

Thus... The only shotgun I own is a 12 gauge Model 11, and lots of backups. 

I was thinking of getting a pump gun, but I have so MANY Model 11s, what's the point? 

They are like commodities around here.  Like salt shakers.  Everyone has a bunch of those.  So many they might lost track of what they have. 

I am middling in it's use.  I'm not rubbish, but I don't write home about my mad clay busting skills.   I'd do more of it if there was a skeet/trap center nearer by, and thus be better at it.  My Boy Scout meetings as a kid were at a IWLA where we'd arrive and 6 folks would be powdering orange disks for another half hour under the lights.  Looked fun but that place is a bit outside my driving range these days.

No comments: