Thursday, January 29, 2009

Coffee

I think I know where the zombies will come from.

I work in a room where it is impossible to have a coffee maker on my desk.

The light sleeting we got has played fresh hell on the sweet little old ladies in the cafetorium here at the offices for the Acme Salt Mine.

So the normally plentiful tun of java is empty and locked in a darkened room. I have no life-fortifying Joe.

I may be working. I can't tell. It's all sort of a blurry fog. I shuffle about. Unable to focus my eyes. There is a slight note of bitterness, frustration, and anger under the empty and vacant facial expressions of the office co-drones.

Urge to kill? Rising.

~ grooooooooooooooooooooooan... ~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take a thermos.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

It takes less than an hour to go from alarm to desk. Add a coffee evolution in there and I'd have to wake up 20 minutes earlier. And normally the cafetorium is so reliable, bringing in tanker trucks full of hot coffee.